TRANSLATED FROM CHINESE
The Monthly Summons of Amity Lodge No. 1 of the Grand Lodge of China bears this quotation of the Chinese Sage, Mencius (472-289 B.C.):
"As Square and Compass perfect and circles line, model of human kinship's best, the Saint doth shine."
WHAT'S THE CATCH?
There is none! You can make a donation to the Masonic Homes Pooled Income
Fund or establish a Charitable Remainder Trust and get a tax donation for up
to 6 years and receive income from your donation for life.
For information call toll-free 800-242-0123 or write:
Jeff H. Eichner Jr., PM
Director of Charitable Giving
Masonic Homes of California
1111 Califonia St.
San Francisco, CA 94108-2284
- I fell asleep the other night
- And while I had my snooze,
- I dreamed each member stepped right up
- And promptly paid his dues.
- But when I found 'twas but a dream
- I nearly threw a fit
- It's up to you to make it true...
- SUGGESTION - Please Remit.
BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER
- Be and active member,
- The kind that would be missed.
- Dont be just contented
- That your name is on the list.
- Do attend the meetings
- And mingle with the crowd;
- Don't stay at home
- And rant both long and loud.
- Don't leave the work for just a few
- And gripe about the clique.
- And take time out to visit
- A member who is sick.
- There is quite a program scheduled
- That means success, if done.
- and it can be accomplished
- With the help of everyone.
- So attend the meetings regularly
- And hel with hand and heart.
- Be an active member
- And take an active part.
- Think this over, Member.
- Are we right or are we wrong?
- Be an active member.
- Please don't just belong.
10 KEYS TO "BETTER BROTHERHOOD"
(Well, 9 really)
(Valley of Trenton)
- Speak to your Brothers. There is nothing as heart warming as a cheerful word of greeting.
- Smile.It takes 72 muscles to frown - only 14 to smile.
- Call your Brothers by name. The sweetest music to anyone's ears is the sound of his own name.
- Be friendly. If you would have friends, you must be one.
- Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do were a genuine pleasure.
- Be interested in people. You can like everybody if you try.
- Be generous with praise - cautious with criticism. Be considerate of the feelings of others. It will be appreciated.
- Be thoughtful of the opinions of others. There are three side3s to a controversy - yours, the other fellow's and the right one.
- Be ever ready to serve. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
Of All Kinds
At a Masonic festivity the speaker divided Freemasons
into six classes:
- Emblem-wearing Masons
- Dues-paying Masons
- Knife-and-fork Masons
- Ritual-reciting Masons
- Ignorant Masons and...
- Living and Exemplifiying Masons
In the Archives of Vincennes Lodge No. 1, Indiana,
is a "Bill of expenses in going to Corydon,
attending the Convention & returning home",
which was submitted by General Wasington Johnston
in December, 1817. It includes such necessities
as the cost of shoeing his horse, a supply of
whiskey, the fee for crossing the White River
on a ferry, and "rum and sugar for journey."
The Indiana Freemason